Saturday 16 January 2016

2016!

Welcome to 2016! I’m a little behind the 8 ball given that it is already the 17th of January! But I have been enjoying some much needed holiday time with my little family. This week I’m getting back into it and sharing some of my goals and plans for this year. I love the idea of a new year. It feels like a fresh start, a clean slate to try and do better than you did the year before. The reality is that we actually get that every day. If you have had a bad day for whatever reason, you can wake up in the morning and start over, try harder. For me, trying harder actually means doing less. Last year I took on too many commitments outside of the house, which then had a negative impact on my family. The things that I was involved in were all fantastic to be part of but it’s not fantastic when your home life suffers as a result of them. So this year, although I am still involved in as many committees or activities, I have lessened my responsibilities within them. One of my goals this year is to run a Stress less household and cutting down on responsibilities outside the house goes a long way to contribute to this.

I have some personal goals around health & fitness and I am also working on being more organised with life, the house and budgeting! Speaking of budgeting, we are actually going to be trying to pay off a significant amount of debt that sits outside of our home loan. This is part of our plan to become completely debt free! We have been living in survival mode for the past few years and with some changes this year, we want to be wise with the money that we have to get us back to a better financial situation. We will see how we go!!

We have so many plans for around the house. So many projects, all done on a budget of course. Here are some photos of what we will be working on.
First, this door is not going to be pink...yes that’s right PINK, for much longer friends. I am so excited. As soon as the kids go back to school (in 10 days, but whose counting. Actually I’m loving having them home!), It’s getting done. As in that day! I can’t wait!!!

 These kitchen cupboards (which can only be described as Salmon!) are getting a makeover. Clearly this house was built in an era when pink was in! Did that exist??!


The blinds and flooring makeovers will be finished!



This door into our ensuite will be going....stay tuned for what we do in this area!

                                                  
There are many other projects, including a lot of painting but they are just the major ones.

And last but certainly not least...actually it’s the most important and my number 1 goal for this year (and life)! I want to love & serve God in all that I do. I want to spend more time reading God’s word and learning how to better honour Him in my marriage, with my kids, in relationships and just generally in the way I act & speak. I would not be here if it wasn’t for our great God and he deserves my best!

Thanks for following along in my journey. This month has just ticked over the 1 year mark of blogging @ A Happy Frugal Life! Wowzers that year went fast. Thanks for listening to all my ramblings! And putting up with all my exclamation marks!!!!

Until next time,
Kylie xx



No comments:

Post a Comment